Tip Of The Month: The 15 Minute Blitz
I’ve been talking about time a lot lately. From the importance of having realistic expectations to allowing yourself the time to stop, reflect and regroup.
Today I want to show you how much it’s possible to accomplish in just 15 minutes.
When you set your mind to something and remove distractions, 15 minutes of focused attention on the task at hand can be really powerful.
Obviously this doesn’t work for tasks that you know will take longer, such as blog writing or prep for a client meeting, but it’s great for those smaller tasks that never quite make it to the top of the list.
Depending on what you choose to do, it can help to whack on some motivational tunes, so I made you a 15 minute playlist here!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Tidy your desk, getting all those stress-inducing pieces of paper out of your eye-line
- Tidy the desktop on your computer so you’re greeted by a calming, serene screen every time you power up
- Purge the photos on your phone
- Organise the folders on your computer so you can find things more easily
- Go on an ‘unsubscribe’ rampage, getting rid of all those emails you never open
- Deal with the shredding that’s gathering dust in the corner
- Chase outstanding invoices
- Tidy a corner of the house to create a calm space you can retreat to with a cup of tea
- Grab that pile of receipts and update your expenses
- Reply to the email you’ve been putting off
Now’s your chance to tackle that job you never quite get round to! Set a timer, and GO!
You may not get it finished, but I think you’ll be surprised by how much you’re able to get through in just fifteen minutes.
So, are you in? Let me know in the comments below.
I’d love to hear how this goes for you! Which task did you tackle in your fifteen minutes? How did it feel? Will you be making this a part of your daily/weekly routine?
Hop on over to The Getting Stuff Done Collective and join in the discussion!
WANT MORE TIPS AND ADVICE TO HELP YOU GET STUFF DONE WITH LESS STRESS AND MORE EASE?
Pop your details below to receive weekly updates straight into your inbox! I'll send you great tips and advice, as well as very occasional offers to help you along the calm path to a more organised life.
You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing me or clicking 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of my emails.